foreign character breaks links and creates huge problem for us

Occasional Participant

foreign character breaks links and creates huge problem for us

I just sent an email to 200+ members that was beyond useless. I immediately got emails back from members saying multiple critical links (to the same page) were broken. I had fully tested the links before sending. Turns out the CC system rejected a Norwegian character "o" with a line through it -- even though it tested just fine. I've had to resend the email which makes me and our association look horrible. This is utterly unacceptable. Our tiny non-profit pays a great deal of a limited budget to CC every year and we have a ton of your competitors as alternatives. When we have a screw up like this you can be sure I will be shopping for a new provider at the first opportunity.

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @J.D.D2,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused for your business. I can definitely understand how important it is for you to be able to ensure that your links will be functioning perfectly once you have officially sent your email. When using a link that contains a special character, most programs can experience issues with the links being broken. Special characters often cause issues when using them within a link. Our engineers are aware of the issue and they are currently investigating this issue. I will track your account for this issue and you will be notified with any updates. In the meantime, I would suggest using a URL shortening service on the URL in question. In regards to testing your email to ensure it is working perfectly, I would also suggest creating an email list with just yourself in that listing and live send any emails to yourself first to test the links in your email. I want to apologize once more for the issue you have experienced. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact, I hope you have a wonderful day. 

Tiago_R
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing