We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

formatting problems

AprilL596
Occasional Participant

formatting problems

My document looks fine when creating and previewing.  The actual document once received through email has lines through it that I didn't put there.  The lines are in different locations for different people.  HELP!

5 REPLIES 5
William_D

Hello @AprilL596 ,

Are the lines appearing in a document / image? Or in the email itself? Do you know which email client your test recipients are using (gmail, yahoo, outlook, office 365, etc.)?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
AprilL596
Occasional Participant

They are appearing after the text.  And I believe it's in Outlook only.

Do you know which version of outlook the issue is occurring in, @AprilL596 ? Additionally, can you provide the name of the campaign that is having the issue occur?

It sounds like a well-known issue with Outlook that we've been waiting on a fix from them for. Just to make sure, I want to collect as much info as possible, before submitting it to our engineers for review.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
AprilL596
Occasional Participant

Outlook 2019.  The campaign that hasn't been sent yet, only tested is named October 2020.  Last month's did the same thing and it's named September 2020.

At this time @AprilL596 , Outlook is still working on the issue. We know it's an Outlook-specific issue since it's been pervasive in other email templates, including ones created in other ESP's like us.

I'll still get your case submitted, but the engineers' hands are tied on this issue since we're relying on a third party for a true fix.

In the meantime, you could try the following workaround to see if it can alleviate the issue for this particular newsletter. The process below isn't a guaranteed fix, but is worth a try (only attempt if the campaign is already all 1 single column, as this will not work with multiple column layouts):
- Drag a block like a divider next to the affected block to create a column layout
- Add all the affected blocks to one column
- Delete the block/divider in the other column, so that the content is back to one column

William D