forwarded emails showing as bounced

SOLVED
Go to solution
MaggieA91
Rookie
0 Votes

We recently started going through our bounced email list to remove non-working email addresses.  When calling at least one person to find out if he had a new email address, we found out that he is using an "alias" address that forwards our emails to his primary email address.  But it shows up as "bounced" to us.

Is there a way to distinguish forwarded emails?  Why would a forwarded email show up as bounced inside Constant Contact?

thanks,

Rob Tuttle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @MaggieA91,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! In our system, we can't see information on forwarded emails because email addresses that receive your forwarded newsletter have not opted into your list yet. Forwarding can cause issues like this where an email address will become unsubscribed or bounce back if the email address that receives the forward does not exist. I recommend giving our Delivery Team a call about this for more information! Thanks. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @MaggieA91,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! In our system, we can't see information on forwarded emails because email addresses that receive your forwarded newsletter have not opted into your list yet. Forwarding can cause issues like this where an email address will become unsubscribed or bounce back if the email address that receives the forward does not exist. I recommend giving our Delivery Team a call about this for more information! Thanks. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
MaggieA91
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you, that makes sense.  Since Constant Contact requires opt-in, forwarding to an email address that has not opted-in would show as a non-existent email.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST