The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

getting a copy of a mail list

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

getting a copy of a mail list

How do I copy a mail list in the same format and order as it shows in Constant Contact? When I try to copy, it downloads it in excel in a totally different format. Here's how I want the list to look when I copy it:

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: getting a copy of a mail list

Hello @JudithB22 ,

Are you wanting to copy the list within Constant Contact? Or are you wanting to export it?

If you're choosing to export the list, I'd recommend downloading it as a CSV (comma-separated value or comma-delineated value). This file type can still be opened in Excel and similar programs, and it allows you to sort your information by a specific column (such as first name or email), and have all the other cells stay attached to their respective contact info in the re-sorted column. 

By default when you export a list from us, we'll have First Name, Last Name, and Email Address already selected. If you're needing to have the First and Last Name columns fused together in your downloaded file, you may need to manually edit one of the name columns to also include the other, since our system has to keep the values separate for various functions within emails. Or make a new column of their names together in single cells.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured