horizontal rules inconsistent

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

I have trouble getting horizontal rules to be consistent within an email. I have compared all the specs and they are the same for all the rules, but thought I must be overlooking something, so I tried duplicating an existing horizontal rule and still it is not the same as the one I copied from. This is one more example where we could solve our own problems if we could edit the html code. Does anyone know a workaround for this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @rcppubs23 ,

Can you elaborate or provide a screencap to demonstrate what horizontal rules you're referring to? Are you referring to how you have your columns and rows setup for the mobile stacking rearrangement? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
rcppubs23
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

THey really are just horizontal rules, made wtih the block that lets you add a horizontal rule.

here's a preview link of the email. All the rules in it were made exactly the same way. https://campaignlp.constantcontact.com/em/1101096620443/0264e653-0301-4a93-a932-4dafe912a815

I'm pasting in a screencap which I hope will work since I don't see how to upload a file. This capture shows only a segment of the email with 3 horizontal lines. The heavier one is what I wanted. I duplicated it to get the others but as you can see they are not duplicates (though they seem to have the same specs).

JulieL34_0-1682993840002.png

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Ah, so by "horizontol rules" you mean the divider blocks. The thickness of these blocks can be edited by simply clicking the block itself, and selecting the adjustment for its thickness. 

Capture.PNG

If you're finding that the dividers aren't retaining that formatting after saving, and you regularly make copies from emails that are several generations of copied-copies, then it's possible some blocks have built-up junk coding. This is one of the big reasons we generally recommend creating a master / reusable template to copy directly from each time. To resolve this, I'd recommend wholly deleting the divider blocks in your email, then inserting fresh, new ones to adjust to the dimensions you're wanting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
rcppubs23
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

So sorry, I was using html-speak instead of constant-contact-speak. ok, divider blocks. I can try deleting them and starting over, but I'm not sure if you followed what I was saying happens. All of those divider blocks have the same specs assigned to them. And they appear to "hold" the formatting (if you go back and look at the formatting it has indeed saved with the correct specs. But they look to be different widths. If I use the feature that lets me duplicate the block, the duplicate does not look like the original, although it has the same properties selected. (Note I'm experimenting with different terms herd since I don't know which one will match your name for the elements.

I believe it is fairly recent that you allowed the option of creating a reusable template. We have done this for many years, by creating what we call a template and returning to that one by copying it every time we start fresh. I don't know if your reusable template is any different but I did discover it last night and it's on my list of things to experiment with. But since duplicating an existing divider block doesn't work, I am not holding my breath to see if a brand new fresh one will work. And I don't know why you would offer the feature to duplicate a block if it's going to carry bad code wtih it.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST