how do I 'remove' the disclaimer text from a Constant Contact Embedded WP form?

MollyG037
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi,

Can someone show me how or where I can remove the disclaimer text on the Constant Contact WP plugin form: https://nottingham1.wpengine.com/ (2nd item on the page).

I'm using Constant Contact Forms for WordPress, which gives me options to update the widget but not to remove the disclaimer...Thanks!how-do-I-remove-disclaimer.gif

15 REPLIES 15
Desi_B
Employee
0 Votes

Hey @MollyG037,

Thank you for reaching out to us! So unfortunately we are unable to remove that disclaimer bar from the bottom of a sign up form. Our terms and conditions require that to be there and it keeps us in compliance with the new GDPR regulation for information. I apologize for the inconvenience! Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Desi_B
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
colleenb426
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello!

I understand that I cannot remove this disclaimer, but how can I change the address listed?

Thank you!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @colleenb426 ,

The physical address we automatically pull for disclaimers, footers, etc. can be found in your My Settings area, under the Organization Address section in the top-right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
AlisaM27
Rookie

Email me. I'll tell you how it can be done.

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @AlisaM27 

Although we do not offer the ability to remove this disclaimer, we're happy to hear you have found a workaround for this. I would however like to mention that editing or inserting additional html into ours can run the risk of breaking the code used in our forms.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
HopeB80
Rookie
0 Votes

Hoping you can tell me how to do it too if you get this message!

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @HopeB80 

I apologize, as previously mentioned in this thread, removing the disclaimer from the footer of your sign up form is a feature we do not provide. This is however feedback we have tracked in your account. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime!

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
life12345
Rookie
0 Votes

can hyou let me know how to do this?

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @life12345 

I apologize for any confusion this thread may have caused. However we are unable to remove the disclaimer from the footer of your sign up form, as it is a feature we do not provide. 

Frankie.P

KelleyM213
Campaign Collaborator

But there is incorrect information in the footer and when I go to settings there is no where to change the information. As you can see, the sentence repeats itself and then "from:" is repeated. WHERE/HOW CAN I CHANGE THIS? It's my info, not your disclaimer.

footer issues.png

KelleyM213
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I don't know where to go to change the information in the footer. As you can see it repeats itself, there's a period where it doesn't need to be. I've never used constant contact before, so this is all new to me and I'm having a hard time finding things.

footer issues.png

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @KelleyM213. I apologize for any confusion here. In the Fine Print Text area of My Settings > Edit Organization Info, this allows you to change the standard "marketing emails" text to something that more closely fits your business. I believe that you only wanted to have "emails" show so the text on your sign up form would read "By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive emails from East Montgomery County Improvement District". To make this happen, you will only type "emails" into this box. No other text is needed.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
KelleyM213
Campaign Collaborator

Thank you!

BradJ1
Campaign Collaborator

Try this CSS code within your Customize - Additional CSS - frontend option:

.ctct-disclosure{
display: none;
}

MAPA
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello! I'd like to have to disclaimer translated in Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish. It seems the text doesn't recognises the language the site has, and that is a problem

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST