We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

how to remove duplicate email addresses from different folders?

FayeH4
Participant

how to remove duplicate email addresses from different folders?

i have two customer complaints about receiving duplicate email campaigns..

3 REPLIES 3
Frankie_P

Hi @FayeH4

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We have seen contacts receive duplicate emails in some cases where the same contact exists on multiple lists and the same email has been sent to these lists separately. Or even if the contact is set up distribution lists. Some companies have contacts on a distribution list so that sending to one email will also reach other addresses all at once. 

With that being said, we definitely would like to troubleshoot this further for you. In fact, what are the contacts you are experiencing this with? Are theses contacts on multiple lists? Is the email address on a distribution list? Or even how are these contacts viewing the email (desktop, mobile device, etc.)? Please email these details to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username and a reference to this post.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Hello Frankie,

Yes, the email is at the same distribution list and two other distribution lists.  The email address was uploaded at the same folder but under different contact names.

Faye

Hi @FayeH4

Thank you for sharing these details with us! Please email us your username, the contact that received these duplicate emails, the name of the campaign sent to them, and how they viewing the email (desktop, mobile device, etc.). You can send these details to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with a reference of this post. Once we receive this email we can look into this further.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.