how to upload a video

SOLVED
Go to solution
user199724
Rookie
0 Votes
I have tried to upload a video that goes for 30 seconds but it says the file is too big. However the information states videos up to 3 minutes can be uploaded. Are you able to help me solve this situation please. Jason
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @user199724. Are you trying to upload a file directly to your Constant Contact library? Video files such as .mp4 cannot be uploaded to the library. Please see our article on file types that can be hosted in the Library

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

View solution in original post

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @LaTrendaL ,

Video files are generally too large to be embedded and sent through emails as it is, and most email programs will outwardly reject emails that try to contain such large, singular file types. Linking to videos is currently the industry best practice, regardless of ESP used.

Videos need to be hosted on a dedicated video site, social platform, or cloud drive, and then linked to. For sites with dedicated video players, the video block can be utilized. For cloud drives and other non-video sites, you'd need to link using an image, button, or some text.

See also:

Inserting text links

Inserting image links

Inserting button links

3 REPLIES 3
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @user199724. Are you trying to upload a file directly to your Constant Contact library? Video files such as .mp4 cannot be uploaded to the library. Please see our article on file types that can be hosted in the Library

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
LaTrendaL
Rookie
0 Votes

Maybe they should be? hint hint. I have something wonderful I want to lead my newsletter with and cannot. Kinda sad.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LaTrendaL ,

Video files are generally too large to be embedded and sent through emails as it is, and most email programs will outwardly reject emails that try to contain such large, singular file types. Linking to videos is currently the industry best practice, regardless of ESP used.

Videos need to be hosted on a dedicated video site, social platform, or cloud drive, and then linked to. For sites with dedicated video players, the video block can be utilized. For cloud drives and other non-video sites, you'd need to link using an image, button, or some text.

See also:

Inserting text links

Inserting image links

Inserting button links

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST