how to view a newsletter

SOLVED
Go to solution
vickisalt
Rookie
0 Votes

When I create a newsletter, it appears as I created it on the Ipad, but nothing lines up properly on my desktop computer.....the columns  change size and shape.....looks terrible.....why is that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Just wanted to update this thread now that we nailed down what the issue was via email correspondence.

In the event any other users come across this kind of issue, make sure to check out some of the typed out info in your columns. In this instance, if you have a full URL typed out in a column, some email programs will try to display the full URL on a single text line, forcing the formatting of the rest of the email to accommodate it. To work around this, your best option would be to have some text or an image be linked to the URL instead.

As an example, if I typed out https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Get-Help/bd-p/advanced_support in a multi-column setup, some email programs would end up trying to have it all fit on a single line, resizing all that row's columns. Instead, I can put "Click here to check our Community's general support page," and it would fit within the column settings as originally set. 

Some email programs use different systems to render emails, which is what can cause the confusing discrepancy between email programs' displays in this particular instance. This can cause some differences in how even basic elements of an email is able to be displayed. For more info on these differences and how best to accommodate them, I'd recommend checking out this Community article.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @vickisalt ,

Are you seeing this issue occur in multiple email programs, or just one in particular? Does it occur in both browser / desktop programs as well as other mobile apps / on other mobile devices, or just the desktop version(s)? Are you seeing any banners in the problematic program that indicate the email is too long / large and is being partially cutoff?

William A
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Just wanted to update this thread now that we nailed down what the issue was via email correspondence.

In the event any other users come across this kind of issue, make sure to check out some of the typed out info in your columns. In this instance, if you have a full URL typed out in a column, some email programs will try to display the full URL on a single text line, forcing the formatting of the rest of the email to accommodate it. To work around this, your best option would be to have some text or an image be linked to the URL instead.

As an example, if I typed out https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Get-Help/bd-p/advanced_support in a multi-column setup, some email programs would end up trying to have it all fit on a single line, resizing all that row's columns. Instead, I can put "Click here to check our Community's general support page," and it would fit within the column settings as originally set. 

Some email programs use different systems to render emails, which is what can cause the confusing discrepancy between email programs' displays in this particular instance. This can cause some differences in how even basic elements of an email is able to be displayed. For more info on these differences and how best to accommodate them, I'd recommend checking out this Community article.

William A
vickisalt
Rookie
0 Votes

problem solved.  Many thanks!!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST