image size requirement for FB posting

Highlighted
Retail

image size requirement for FB posting

my image is 1080x1080, yet when I try to connect my email for posting on Facebook, CC tells me the image is too small. So, I thought I'd work around that, and simply post the URL for my email. When I try to check the URL to make sure it is linking correctly, it says 404 Error. The email is scheduled to go out on Aug. 20th, so is it not showing because the email is not sent out yet? The email is showing just fine when I send a test email to myself. I've played videos, and done the tips and NOTHING addresses these type of problems. Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong with trying to connect my FB business page please?

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: image size requirement for FB posting

Hello @PAMELAB3994,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'd like to offer some insight into what the issues you're facing might be caused by.

Sometimes the communication between Facebook's API and our own system can run into issues, particularly in regard to image size. You are correct in that the workaround for such issues is to simply manually post the link for the email with whatever custom thumbnail you upload to Facebook.

However, this link is technically broken until the email is actually sent out as only once the email is sent can the webpage be solidly generated. You could also try re-uploading the image and see if that can get around the issue, generally however any image over 200x200 should be able to post.

I would recommend waiting until the campaign in question has actually been sent out and then manually post to your business's Facebook page. If these issues persist further beyond this particular campaign, please reply here and we'd be happy to troubleshoot further, or you could also call into our support line as well for more advanced technical troubleshooting.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured