inconsistent font sizes from one template to the next

SOLVED
Go to solution
Retail

inconsistent font sizes from one template to the next

I'm pretty frustrated.

I'm recreating an E News in a new template. In the previous template it clearly says I'm using Helvetica 24 point, yet when I use that font & size in another template it is way larger.

How can I REALLY find out what font size this template is using?

note-

I have to switch templates since I found out most of my images don't show up for many subscribers in this particular template for some reason (another issue)

Thanks to anyone that has some advice!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @constanceh2 ,

I just got an email sent to your account's primary email address with the chat transcript attached as a notepad document. If you need us to try re-sending this, just let us know. The issue was in regards to how some domains / ISPs will explicitly block the image hosting site we use for images uploaded to our system. The primary workaround was to insert the image as a URL rather than directly from the library.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello @constanceh2 ,

Would you be able to provide the names of the template types (e.g. blank newsletter, menu changes, company update, flash special, summer offer, etc.) where this issue is occurring? Additionally, would you be able to confirm if the text you've put in was typed in or pasted in?

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

The preferred font look was in the template "branded-card_BT14569A" and the other where Helvetica 24 point appears much bigger and bulkier and not as sleek is "Legacy" Email

All text was typed in, not copied and pasted.

Thank you for any and all help!

Thank you for that information @constanceh2 . Our Legacy templates used point sizes for fonts and the new editor references things in pixel size instead. This is why 24 pixel font is much larger than 24 point font. I'm sorry for any confusion this is causing and I suggest trying the font size 18 instead as that should be closer to what you're looking for! 

If you have any additional questions about the new editor you're using please don't hesitate to reach out. 

Amber_L

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Thank you, Amber.

That's what I ended up doing- changing to 18 point- however- the bold feature is a lot more bold in the Legacy also. : ( not as sleek/

Actually I think the 24 point font in the Legacy template is larger than the 24 pixel-- is that what you meant?

Just FYI-

I decided to go back to the Legacy template because in that other some of my subscribers told me they were not seeing the images. I remember having a chat with Constant Contact that went on and on with all these adjustments I'd have to do in that template to get my images to read and I just gave up.

In fact is there any way that chat can be accessed? I kept a copy but I guess it went missing in a computer crash or something. It could have been over a year ago though.

Hello @constanceh2 ,

I just got an email sent to your account's primary email address with the chat transcript attached as a notepad document. If you need us to try re-sending this, just let us know. The issue was in regards to how some domains / ISPs will explicitly block the image hosting site we use for images uploaded to our system. The primary workaround was to insert the image as a URL rather than directly from the library.

William D

View solution in original post

Thank you so much., William. I did receive that email and appreciate your help!