The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

mutliple pieces of data for the same email

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

mutliple pieces of data for the same email

HI, i would like to use CC to send reminder emails out for equipment that requires service.

I am able to allocate one piece of equipment per contact but how can I allocte multiple pieces to the same contact.

The example is that John Citizen owns 15 air quality testers with unique serial numbers and the are all due for service on the same day.  I would like for him to receive one email listing the 15 air quality testers by serial numbers that are due for service rather than 15 separate emails with one serail number each.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Employee

Re: mutliple pieces of data for the same email

Hello @user704188,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! What you are requesting is completely possible. If these serial number's are uploaded into your Constant Contact with your contacts, you can then insert a custom field into your email newsletters. You can insert each serial number as a custom field into the email, and send it out to your list. The custom field will update to the correct person's serial numbers when sending automatically. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Zoe, Thanks for reaching out.

I am a little confused in how i am suposed to add the serail numbers into the email

I have sample data below

Can you please help?

thanks 

NAMEDUEDATEJOBNOTITLEBRANCHNOFULLNAMEEMAIL
Company 11/05/2020111301ToxiRAE III - G0121672J1NSWJohn Citizenxyz@test.com
Company 221/05/2020111618MICROCLIP X3 SN: KA416-1077346VICJohn personjohnp@test.com
Company 229/05/2020111620MULTIRAE LITE SN: M01C021990VICJohn personjohnp@test.com
Company 220/05/2020111643MULTIRAE LITE SN: M01C023054VICJohn personjohnp@test.com
Company 220/05/2020111644MULTIRAE LITE SN: M01C023156VICJohn personjohnp@test.com
Compnay 311/05/2020111454GASALERT EXTREME NH3 SN: J618-A019970VICJane Citizenjanec@test.com
Company 318/05/2020111465GASALERT EXTREME SN: J618-A034431VICJane Citizenjanec @test.com
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Zoe, Also, i have over 12K different serial numbers t hat we manage

should we used some kind of HTML macro or soemthing like that?

thanks again

Highlighted

Hello @user704188 ,

We allow up to 50 custom fields at a time. Based on that, you'd probably want to have your custom fields be something to the effect of "serial1," "serial 2," etc. Once you have your contacts uploaded, and all their applicable serials uploaded as individual fields, then you'd simply create an email with those custom fields inserted. You can set it up so that if the contact you're sending to doesn't have any applicable information for all of the individual serial number fields, it would simply be blank.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured