my microsoft 365 reads my emails from constant contact as phishing...How can I correct this?

DorotheaI
Rookie
0 Votes

my microsoft 365 reads my emails from constant contact as phishing...How can I correct this?

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DorotheaI ,

If Office 365 is marking them as such, then I'd recommend going through some of our general best practices for deliverability.

How email programs receive and sort your emails can have a lot of variables, from elements on our side, on your side, on the recipient's side, and in their email system company's side. When you send an email to yourself through us, it has a higher chance of being marked as spam since your email address is technically being spoofed, and the email you're sending your self isn't actually being sent by you. It's generally a good idea to set up additional authentication for your emails - whether that's through us if you have a free domain (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc.) or via self-authentication if you have your own domain (such as through a business or other organization).

Safelisting your own email address, or getting our domains safelisted in your security system can also aid in false spam  filtering / phishing flags. If you'd like to learn more about safelisting, and what it entails:

Safelisting domains in a security system

Safelisting email addresses in an email client or security system

If you're wanting more in-depth, specialized insight on your current deliverability, it'd be worth speaking with one of our Deliverability agents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST