new e-mail to opens if did not set-up automated series

SOLVED
Go to solution
MIkeG0785
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi all,

I want to send a new e-mail to opens of a previous e-mail.  Is there a way to do this if I did not initially set-up an automated series?  

The only "work-around" I can think of is to download the opens list, re-upload with a tag, and then resent the e-mail to that specific tagged list.  The only downside is that when uploading that opens list, it I believe it bypasses the opt-outs because you need to click that "I have permission to mail this list."

Any insights would be helpful.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MIkeG0785 ,

Are you explicitly wanting to make a full automated series based on the openers of that email? If so, the workaround would be to instead make a list-join auto series instead. You'd want to:

1. Create the list for your auto series to trigger off of
  2. Create the auto series, have it trigger based on new additions to that list, and then activate when you finish and test the email steps
  3. Go to the initial email's open report, select-all the contacts in there, Actions > Add to list > select the list associated with the auto series

If you're just wanting to send a standalone follow-up email, you can just make a list from that initial email's open report. Go to the initial email's open report, select-all the contacts in there, Actions > Add to list > Create. Then once you've setup that list and added the openers, you can send your standalone follow-up email.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MIkeG0785 ,

Are you explicitly wanting to make a full automated series based on the openers of that email? If so, the workaround would be to instead make a list-join auto series instead. You'd want to:

1. Create the list for your auto series to trigger off of
  2. Create the auto series, have it trigger based on new additions to that list, and then activate when you finish and test the email steps
  3. Go to the initial email's open report, select-all the contacts in there, Actions > Add to list > select the list associated with the auto series

If you're just wanting to send a standalone follow-up email, you can just make a list from that initial email's open report. Go to the initial email's open report, select-all the contacts in there, Actions > Add to list > Create. Then once you've setup that list and added the openers, you can send your standalone follow-up email.

William A
MIkeG0785
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks so much, William.  Would you please confirm that if an e-mail recipient opened and then opted-out, they will NOT receive the e-mail?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If an email recipient has opted out via unsubscription from you, they won't be able to be added to a list or sent to.

For more info on unsubscribed contacts and functionalities

William A
MIkeG0785
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you for the confirmation.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST