# of unique opens doesn't match the number of opens listed when I click to see who has opened it.

SOLVED
Go to solution
VickiK05
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I sent an email campaign about an hour ago.  On the main page that lists all emails, it says 11 people have opened their email, but when I click to see who has opened theirs, there are 24 individuals listed that have opened their emails. (I have it set to unique opens).  Just curious why those numbers differ when I am only tracking unique opens.  Seems like those numbers used to pretty much match in the past.  Even on that page where it lists the individuals that have opened theirs, it says 11, but 24 different people are listing and show the time they opened it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @VickiK05 ,

Sometimes, especially when an email has been very recently sent out (within 24 hours) the main overview page won't be fully up-to-date on certain metrics. The actual reporting page (i.e. the full drilldowns of opens, DNOs, bounces, unsubscribes, etc.) should be able to pull metrics live as they come in. 

This visibility element can also end up being cached, which means a simple page refresh won't correct the issue, but wholly logging out and back in will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VickiK05
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Never mind.  I had to totally log out of CC for it to show the correct number.  Hitting F5 to refresh doesn't change anything.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @VickiK05 ,

Sometimes, especially when an email has been very recently sent out (within 24 hours) the main overview page won't be fully up-to-date on certain metrics. The actual reporting page (i.e. the full drilldowns of opens, DNOs, bounces, unsubscribes, etc.) should be able to pull metrics live as they come in. 

This visibility element can also end up being cached, which means a simple page refresh won't correct the issue, but wholly logging out and back in will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Toni7515
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

yes i experienced that just now also.       11 have opened it but the report says only 1 has opened.     i'll try giving it more time.   and logging out and in.   thank you.  

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST