The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

possible spam/fake email addresses

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

possible spam/fake email addresses

hi - i noticed that for a few months a person is opening my email campaigns and they click on everything - i mean everything - in less that a minute. this has been the pattern for 0ver 6 months. i suspect it is bogus or a hacked email addy...anyone else have this problem? it's not possible to make 15 clicks in a minute and read. thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: possible spam/fake email addresses

Hello @LouiseB6 ,

We're glad to see you being vigilant when it comes to your contact management and email reporting. With that said, based on your description and my investigation of your email reporting, I believe the issue is more innocuous than that.

Some domains and ISPs use security systems that essentially "click" through an email to check its links for safety. While the vast majority of domains and ISPs don't use such security systems, there are some who do and this is what causes such erroneous reporting to appear. Generally if you see a handful of contacts who click all the links within the first minute of them receiving the email, then you can likely ignore that data.

Our engineers are exploring ways that such erroneous click data can be mitigated, while not wholly blocking all tracking for the first minute or so after a sendout (some contacts are just quick to look at and check out an email after receiving it). I've forwarded your case with the relevant service request attached. If and when they have an update regarding this, they'll make sure to notify you.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured