We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

possible spam message

SteveV310
Participant

possible spam message

Why is it when I send a test email to myself, the subject line says '[POSSIBLE SPAM] Subject line here' and how can I remove that?

3 REPLIES 3
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @SteveV310,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!  Can you please provide us with a screenshot of the error message so we can do additional research on why this might be happening? Thanks!

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

spam.jpg

Hello @SteveV310 ,

When you send a test email, it doesn't have the same authentication as a regular, live sendout through our system, which can cause some email clients' algorithms to warn you. Additionally, email clients will typically warn you if an email claiming to be sent to you from you, is actually coming from another source like us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.