preheader

Participant

preheader

because in the emails that I send, in for to, I see this description "You don't want to miss this.?? tks br Christian

6 REPLIES 6
Employee

Hello @First-NameL712817,

Thank you so much for reaching out to the community!

The information that you see in your campaign header that says "You don't want to miss this" for example is simply sample text that is intended to be changed. When creating your campaign you will need to click on this text and change it to the desired verbiage that you would like to show to your recipients.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Hi, I am also having this problem but I know how to change it on the desktop site but cannot find where to change it in the mobile app. It has sent it twice without ever showing me an opportunity to change it in the app.

Thanks,

Abby

Hello @CentralChurchBenton,

You are correct, the mobile platform does not currently have an option for editing the pre-header text.  If you edit that same email on the desktop app, you can change the subject line and pre-header text there, and then save it.  Then later you can finish editing and schedule from the mobile app.  Any copies you make of previous campaigns will also keep the same pre-header text.

We do have a feature request to add that feature to the mobile app, and I've added you to the list of people requesting that.

Aaron_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

In 2020 I honestly can’t believe there’s no way to edit out this silly text on an email using your mobile app

But when I create an email on desktop, the app will not allow me to edit it in mobile. It says I can copy the email but then it just creates an empty email and deletes all progress. Is there something I'm missing?

I'm a secretary for a church and often need to send out urgent prayer requests. I am not always by a computer and having the preheader "You do not want to miss this" is completely inappropriate for this kind of email. Is there a way in the settings that I can stop this from auto filling the preheader?

Hi @CentralChurchBenton 

I apologize you are unable to edit your email campaigns on both the mobile app or the desktop. At this time, emails created on our desktop version of Constant Contact can be scheduled & resent, but cannot be edited in the mobile app. This works vice versa as emails created in the mobile app are translated into Custom Code email campaigns on a Desktop. Being able to edit an email campaigns regardless if you are on the mobile app or a desktop is a feature request we are looking to implement. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime!

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.