"Images are not displayed" issues on Gmail?

SteveD11
Marketing Expert
0 Votes

No matter how many times I click "Always display images from...", Gmail is not automatically displaying my images.

This wasn't a problem a month or so ago. I'm not aware that I've changed anything that would cause this to be a problem (it doesn't occur with any other CC emails I receive from other companies, nor any other marketing emails).

Anyone else seen this lately?

images.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @SteveD11 

Thank you for reaching out about your email! This screenshot you have provided definitely helps to understand what exactly you're experiencing. With that said, images in an email sometimes don't display for a variety of reasons. You mentioned clicking "always display images." Have you also checked your Gmail account's settings to make sure images are selected to always display? If not, I would suggest doing so. You can also safelist Constant Contact in your security settings. Are you still seeing images not download after taking these steps?

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
SteveD11
Marketing Expert
0 Votes

Yes, that option to always display is already checked. 

And to make things weirder, my coworkers aren't seeing the same issue, so it's not a domain-level issue. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SteveD11 ,

If the Always Show option is always on, the only other elements would be:

If these steps are still causing your the emails to not display images by default, we can try to get a case submitted to our higher level technical team for further review or a remote session to see what might be causing this issue to only affect you. Please let us know the results of the troubleshooting steps above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
ErikaS424
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue and have been for about a month. I also receive emails via CC from other Senders and am unable to view the photos. Attached are screenshots. Mine is the first one and the second screenshot is from a different Sender.Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 10.02.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-23 at 10.03.18 AM.png

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @ErikaS424,

Thank you for reaching out about your email! This screenshot you have provided definitely helps to understand what exactly you're experiencing. With that said, images in an email sometimes don't display for a variety of reasons. You mentioned clicking "always display images." Have you also checked your Gmail account's settings to make sure images are selected to always display? If not, I would suggest doing so. You can also whitelist Constant Contact in your security settings. Are you still seeing images not download after taking these steps?

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Goltoof
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same issue.  PLEASE STOP RESPONDING WITH CANNED RESPONSES.   This issue needs to be escalated.  There is clearly an issue with constant contact messages not displaying images in gmail's client.

SteveD11
Marketing Expert
0 Votes

Yeah, this isn't a whitelisting issue. Like I mentioned, other people on the same network & domain DON'T experience this, so it's a weird that it's just impacting my one account. 

MikeP61
Rookie
0 Votes

Still having the same issue, that I had then when this was created....on 9/27/21.  I just found this forum, and figured I would respond.  I have no clue how many customers don't see our emails, but this needs to be fixed as it's been over a year since you've been informed

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Can you confirm if this is actually affecting any of your contacts, or if emails from other Constant Contact customers are / are not showing the images? 

The reason this appeared to be a whitelisting issue - when the original author posted - is that they explicitly said it was only their emails sent to themselves that were seeing this Gmail error message. It'd be essentially the same issue as when Gmail may display "We could not verify this user" or "This email may be suspicious" when test sending an email to yourself.

See also:

Safelisting Emails

Safelisting Domains

Email Authentication

William A
MikeP61
Rookie
0 Votes

Yes, all previous steps are in play, and had been before reading this.  Thanks for the quick reply.  Also, I'm not sure if others see the issue, I can only assume there has to be people having the issue if they didn't whitelist it either. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If you're using authentication, you've confirmed that our domains are safelisted in your network / security programs, that your email address is safelisted, and that you've gone through basic connectivity trobuleshooting (like clearing your cache for example), then please call our general support so they can perform live troubleshooting.

If you have any examples of this happening when you test / live send to other email addresses, it can also help with our support teams pinpointing where this issue is specifically originating from.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST