"Learn more" and "read more" links

SOLVED
Go to solution
FirstNameL86763
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm creating our email newsletter, and am intrigued with the "learn more" or "read more" option. In trying to make my email newsletter less of a chore to read, and to allow contacts the option to read a fuller story, I'd like to use a read more button.  So what would be the best way to do this if a story doesn't already exist?  I was thinking maybe creating a "landing page" which could expand on the story, and then link the "read more" button to that landing page.  Does that seem right?  If so, is there a way to return the reader back to the email newsletter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda_G
Employee

Hi @FirstNameL86763 , 

Absolutely! A custom landing page would be a great way to direct readers to the rest of an article using a Read More button. I often see people using a PDF to insert a document link as a Read More button as well. 

Both of these would open a new window, so at this time the reader would need to close that window to be able to return to the newsletter.

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FirstNameL86763
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm creating our email newsletter, and am intrigued with the "learn more" or "read more" option. In trying to make my email newsletter less of a chore to read, and to allow contacts the option to read a fuller story, I'd like to use a read more button.  So what would be the best way to do this if a story doesn't already exist?  I was thinking maybe creating a "landing page" which could expand on the story, and then link the "read more" button to that landing page.  Does that seem right?  If so, is there a way to return the reader back to the email newsletter?  Thank you.

Amanda_G
Employee

Hi @FirstNameL86763 , 

Absolutely! A custom landing page would be a great way to direct readers to the rest of an article using a Read More button. I often see people using a PDF to insert a document link as a Read More button as well. 

Both of these would open a new window, so at this time the reader would need to close that window to be able to return to the newsletter.

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST