"Suspended" Bounces

SOLVED
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Suspended when the email NEVER bounced

I'm having the same issue. I'm finding regular customers who have never bounces and who open all of my emails suddenly moved into the "suspended" category. I this is a real problem, I'm going to have to go through all my bounces one by one now and indivifually figure out the true status of each one. That's a whole lot of hours I shouldn't have had to use up, CC. Not happy here either. 

Tags (2)
Highlighted

Re: Suspended when the email NEVER bounced

Hi @MarkS7309,

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this issue. 

There are multiple reasons a contact which never bounced before might show as Suspended. A common example is the ISP (Internet Service Provider) the contact is housed on may have updated its security settings to stop certain outside e-mails from getting through. This is common with business addresses. A couple questions/thoughts to consider:

1) Are most, if not all, of the affected contacts from the same domain (example: john@business.com)? If they are it would relate to my previous example of updated security settings preventing the e-mail from getting through. 

2) A contact that might not have shown any problems in your account may have started bouncing on another Constant Contact user's account in-between the time you've sent them e-mails. It's a cumulative system so if they start bouncing elsewhere the next time you send them an e-mail it will show up as bounced/suspended. 

In order to best assist you, we would need to deal with sensitive account/contact information. I recommend contacting our Account Review team when you have time. Their direct line is 866.433.8499 and their hours are 7AM-9PM EST Monday through Friday. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Bounced email

I am testing out your site and ran into a problem with my first test campaign. I added my own email address as a contact and sent the test campaign, which I never received. I see this in my contact: Email bounced as Suspended for Campaign Created 2015/06/09, 12:28 PM 6/9/2015 9:50am Sent Campaign Created 2015/06/09, 12:28 PM 6/9/2015 9:50am My email domain is an Office365-hosted domain which has been working for over a year with no major connectivity problems.

Highlighted

Re: Bounced email

Hi @ChrisC5121

I am sorry for the frustration! It sounds like previous sends from you or another Constant Contact user may have bounced to cause this. Please give our delivery team a call to get some further information and help unblocking.

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: "Suspended" Bounces - New to Constant Contact

I am brand new to Constant Contact and we just sent our second email, and some of the recipients are first time recipients.  Three turned up on the Bounced - Suspended list.  Since these are first time sends my only conclusion is that their ISP / email provider has previously marked Constant Contact emails as spam.

Not good for those of us who are new to the service, trying to send emails to clients.

Highlighted
Visitor

If I click 'Bounces' - what does the reason 'Suspended' mean? What action should I take?

Thank you.
Highlighted

Re: If I click 'Bounces' - what does the reason 'Suspended' mean? What action should I take?

Hi @Joy4living

The suspended bounce category is new and is meant to help specify your bounces more. When an address bounces as non-existent Constant Contact places the address on  a 15 day hold. During this time you, and other users cannot send to this address. If you do send to this address during this time the contact will show as suspended. 

After the hold is lifted we will allow mail to be sent again to the address but if the bounce continues the address will be places on an indefinite hold and show as suspended again. If you are sure that an address bouncing is correct you are welcome to contact our delivery team to work though this. If you would rather we recommend removing the address from your account.

Thanks, 

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Highlighted
Advisor

Suspended Email Help

If you look at a sent newsletter you can see the bounced emails. . . some of which are labeled suspended which should be removed from my account.

How do i see the suspended emails in a specific email list? instead of from a sent newsletter?

Tags (4)
Highlighted

Re: Suspended Email Help

HI @DeborahN7

At this time the bounce reporting is only available per email, not by account. It's best for this type of bounce to look at the last (or last few) emails you've sent as this will have the most accurate information. 

Hannah M.

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Email bounces back as suspended

I am wondering what it means when I get a bounce back that says it was "suspended"?
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured