"Suspended" Bounces

SOLVED
Highlighted

Bounced email

I am testing out your site and ran into a problem with my first test campaign. I added my own email address as a contact and sent the test campaign, which I never received. I see this in my contact: Email bounced as Suspended for Campaign Created 2015/06/09, 12:28 PM 6/9/2015 9:50am Sent Campaign Created 2015/06/09, 12:28 PM 6/9/2015 9:50am My email domain is an Office365-hosted domain which has been working for over a year with no major connectivity problems.

Highlighted

Re: Bounced email

Hi @ChrisC5121

I am sorry for the frustration! It sounds like previous sends from you or another Constant Contact user may have bounced to cause this. Please give our delivery team a call to get some further information and help unblocking.

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: "Suspended" Bounces - New to Constant Contact

I am brand new to Constant Contact and we just sent our second email, and some of the recipients are first time recipients.  Three turned up on the Bounced - Suspended list.  Since these are first time sends my only conclusion is that their ISP / email provider has previously marked Constant Contact emails as spam.

Not good for those of us who are new to the service, trying to send emails to clients.

Highlighted
Visitor

If I click 'Bounces' - what does the reason 'Suspended' mean? What action should I take?

Thank you.
Highlighted

Re: If I click 'Bounces' - what does the reason 'Suspended' mean? What action should I take?

Hi @Joy4living

The suspended bounce category is new and is meant to help specify your bounces more. When an address bounces as non-existent Constant Contact places the address on  a 15 day hold. During this time you, and other users cannot send to this address. If you do send to this address during this time the contact will show as suspended. 

After the hold is lifted we will allow mail to be sent again to the address but if the bounce continues the address will be places on an indefinite hold and show as suspended again. If you are sure that an address bouncing is correct you are welcome to contact our delivery team to work though this. If you would rather we recommend removing the address from your account.

Thanks, 

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Highlighted
All Star

Suspended Email Help

If you look at a sent newsletter you can see the bounced emails. . . some of which are labeled suspended which should be removed from my account.

How do i see the suspended emails in a specific email list? instead of from a sent newsletter?

Tags (4)
Highlighted

Re: Suspended Email Help

HI @DeborahN7

At this time the bounce reporting is only available per email, not by account. It's best for this type of bounce to look at the last (or last few) emails you've sent as this will have the most accurate information. 

Hannah M.

All Star

Email bounces back as suspended

I am wondering what it means when I get a bounce back that says it was "suspended"?
Highlighted

Re: Email bounces back as suspended

Hi @SAECHanover

Thanks for posting. The suspended bounce category is new. When an address bounces as non-existent Constant Contact puts the address on a hold internally so no emailsa re sent to it for 15 days. If you, or another Constant Contact user tries to send to this address duirng this time the address will show as suspended.

After the 15 days the hold on the address will be lifted and the next campaign will be sent. If it bounces again as non-existent it will be placed on an indefinite hold and show as suspended.

If you have any questions about your account and the bounces please contact our delivery team for help!

Thanks, 

Hannah M.

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Re: Email bounces back as suspended

but on my bounced list of contacts you have listed it as suspended. This is the first time this has happened for this account. How do I know when my suspended contact is temporary or indefinite.  Really not sure why it was at all since this is a first time bouncing contact.