"Suspended" Bounces

SOLVED
Highlighted

Re: Suspended - Two meanings for the same term

Hello @TomK52,

I apologize about the frustration you're dealing with regarding suspended contacts. Currently there is no way to distinguish between temporary Suspends and indefinite Suspends in reporting. I will follow up with our product teams and promote to have the feature included.

However, if you contact our Deliverability team they will be able to help distinguish which contacts are temporary and which are indefinite. 

Their direct line is 866.433.8499 and their hours are 7am-11pm EST Monday through Thursday and 7am-9pm EST Friday.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Suspended - Two meanings for the same term

I agree with TomK in that these two bounce types should be distinguished.  If an email address is on permanent suspend, change your programming that flags the second bounce, so that it's classified for us as Non-Existent.  Am I missing something?  Is there a reason you didn't design it that way from the outset?

It's so tiresome that we have to vote on little things like this that would improve our accuracy and streamline our maintenance, and wait for years with no relief.  No one wants to call and wait on hold and then go over such little details by phone month after month.  It needs to be programmed for us.

Michael

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Re: Suspended

Thanks for your reply about suspended emails.  If you edit the email, will it default back in to the list and be able to be sent another email?  

Highlighted

Re: Suspended

Hello @MargieS09,

Great question. If you're specifically talking about fixing a misspelling or changing the email completely it would register as a new email in our system (though it would be tied to the engagement history of the existing contact profile). Going forward, assuming there are no issues with the changed address, you will be able to send email campaigns to it. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Suspended Email

I noticed that my own email is suspended. I'm not sure why because the spelling is correct...it's MY email address. How can this be reset?
Tags (2)
Highlighted

Re: Suspended Email

HI @KimS473

A suspended bounce indicates that emails to this address have bounced more than once as non-existent. Is this a company address? Have there been any updates to your email system?

To get this looked more into it would be best to call our delivery team. They will be able to dig into the cause and unblock the address if available.

Thanks, 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Regular Visitor

"suspended" emails

What does suspended emails mean?
Tags (1)
Highlighted

Re: "suspended" emails

HI @WilliamT4

A suspended bounce indicates that the email address has bounced previously as non-existent. What happens is that an address bounces as nonexistent and is then quarantined for 15 days. If you (or another CTCT user) try to send to this address during this time the address will bounce as quarantined. At the end of the 15 day period the address will be sent to again but if it continues to bounce as non-existent it will show as suspended. If you notice any email addresses bouncing as suspended the first time you try to send to them, they have bounced as non-existent previously on a different account.

Hope this helps, 

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Highlighted

Not clear why receipient who had opened other newsletters was suspended on the last send

She had opened newsletters since July; was sent one on November 4 and was suspended the same day. That doesn't match the description of how the system uses that function.
Highlighted

Re: Not clear why receipient who had opened other newsletters was suspended on the last send

Hi @Laguna_Coast_Wilderness_Park

Thanks for posting.  If you notice any email addresses bouncing as suspended the first time you try to send to them, they have bounced as non-existent previously on a different account. It is on the second bounce that the address will show as suspended. Check out this FAQ for some details!

Thanks,

Hannah M.