"Suspended" Bounces

SOLVED
Highlighted

Too many suspended contacts

9 contacts of 77 were bounced/suspended. I checked with all of them. Only 1 was incorrect. All the rest were perfect: correct address, correct spelling. I even check with each person. So 8 people did not get the important information for the weekend. How can I keep this from happening in the future?
Highlighted

Re: Too many suspended contacts

Hi @LindaM0620

I would suggest reaching out to our delivery team directly for help with this. It sounds like the addresses bounced in the past and now are blocked internally so they don't continue to bounce. This team is the only group who can look into and potentially unblock the address for the future.

Thanks!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted

Email Bounced as Suspended

How can I resolve emails that are Bounced? In one case, i know the email address is correct. Thank you!
Highlighted

Re: Email Bounced as Suspended

Hi @JaxKids

Thanks for posting, I am sorry for the confusion. A suspended boiunce indicates the address has bounced previously as non-existent. We've got the details here if you are interested. 

The first step to looking into these addresses is to email the contacts outside of Constant Contact and ask them to reply. If they are able to reply you will want to save the message header and give a call to our delivery team.

They will be able to help investigate what is happening.

Thanks, 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
All Star

Re: "Suspended" Bounces

Your explanation that attempts are marked as suspended  because an email address has been tried too many times does not make sense.I have a brand new customer that I tried sending an email to for the very first time on 3/12/15.  It shows it "bounced as suspended" that very same day and at the very same time (4:10 pm) that I sent it.  

The same thing happened again on 4/1/15--more than the 15 days you also talk about in some of these posts.

Why is this happening????

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

@KCKaren

It's quite possible your new contact could have bounced previously even before you added them to your account and now when you try to send they will show up as suspended. I tried taking a look at your account to determine which contact you may be referring to but to be sure, could you email social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com please?  Just reference this post and also include the contact in question so we can confirm this and assist you from there!

Thank you, 

Amber Royal
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Highlighted
All Star

On April 7, I sent an email to the social_support email address you indicated along with all the requested information on the contact.  To date I still have not received any response from anyone.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi @KCKaren

I'm sorry that you never received a response. I'm showing that we wrote you back that day and sent it to your email address on file with us. Are you able to check your junk/spam folders to see if it was filtered into there? If you do not find it, please email us again to the social_support email address and let me know another email address I can reach you at and I'll forward you the information there.

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted

Opposed to Constant Contact "suspending" contacts. Want to delete contacts ourselves.

We have an internal procedure whereby we delete contacts if three consecutive emails have bounced, and we LIKE that procedure. Do not appreciate Constant Contact suspending any contacts on our behalf. Further do not appreciate that we can't override that option!
Highlighted
All Star

Re: Opposed to Constant Contact "suspending" contacts. Want to delete contacts ourselves.

Agree.  We PAY for this service!  Very frustrated. Looking for other options. My business relys on being able to send what I need to my customers when I need to! :(