"Unsubscribe" in footer settings

SOLVED
Go to solution
DPolo
Rookie
0 Votes

In the footer my "Unsubscribe" looks like below - will the "{recipient's email}" be filled in with actual data once the message is sent?

FirstNameL458495_0-1656705968282.png

In the tests I sent it did not change.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
John_M
Employee

Hello @DPolo ,

Yes you are correct. When the official email is sent out to your audience it will populate with their email address in that section. What you are looking at within the email editor is the placeholder. Only within a true live send will it populate their own email address. 

John M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
John_M
Employee

Hello @DPolo ,

Yes you are correct. When the official email is sent out to your audience it will populate with their email address in that section. What you are looking at within the email editor is the placeholder. Only within a true live send will it populate their own email address. 

John M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST