"User is over daily status update limit" error message on Twitter post

MU_Ben
Consulting & Training

"User is over daily status update limit" error message on Twitter post

I got this error message yesterday in Constant Contact after a tweet i had scheduled in Constant Contact failed to sent. What does this mean? I had not sent any other tweets that day
9 REPLIES 9
William_D

Hello @MU_Ben ,

Have you tried to resubmit the scheduled tweet? Are you still receiving the error when you schedule or immediately post your tweet? Had you recently made any significant changes to your Twitter account, or are you seeing any privacy settings in your Twitter account that'd indicate limitations on posts or 3rd party apps?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Having the same issue. Tried resending, didn't work. Tried reconnecting my Twitter, didn't work. This used to happen maybe 10% of the time that I scheduled Tweets from March to August, but now I have had 3 posts in a row starting Sept. 10th that have not been posted.

KristinH000
Occasional Participant

Same problem today with my Twitter post and I don't know what's going on or what the fix is.

Does recreating the tweet and trying to post the new one work? Beyond that, it may be that there's too much traffic coming into Twitter resulting in certain 3rd party API restrictions, and it'll just be a matter of trying to post at a later time. if you continue to have issues with that same post at different times, or if the recreations and other attempts to circumvent the Twitter restrictions don't work, please let us know so we can make sure to get your account's case updated regarding it.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
SouthernGARC
Frequent Participant

I am also getting this same message, on eon 8/27 and again today (8/30). I have tried different tweets, and redoing it. This was going to be my first post today.

SouthernGARC
Frequent Participant

As I was doing more research, I came across this from Twitter: "These limits include actions from all devices, including web, mobile, phone, API, etc. API requests from all third-party applications are tracked against the hourly API limit. People who use multiple third-party applications with their account will therefore reach the API limit more quickly." (https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-limits).

If I am not mistaken this seems to mean that Twitter is limiting the number of tweets that Constant Contact users are creating through the API and we just happen to be caught in the middle.

CindyS2400
Participant

I'm getting the same thing. It might be that there are too many words. That seems like was doing it for me. 

Thanks, this seemed to work. While is clearly short of the Twitter Character limit I removed a few characters and the posts worked.

HollyPennington
Participant

I am also receiving this error and I am not over the character limit in the tweet. Before Constant Contact changed the social share, my tweets were going through just fine. I tried to resubmit the tweet and it still did not go through. I only do one post a day and not even everyday.