"Your message failed the DMARC verification" - Spam Tester

SOLVED
Go to solution
RickyB7
Rookie
0 Votes

I recently did a Spam Test of our most recent newsletter. Via Mail Tester, we got a 7/10. Our only infraction (-3 points) was our email's failure to have a "DMARC Verification." Additional context said, "Please be sure you have a DKIM and SPF set before using DMARC." I am really unsure what this means and how to go about fixing it. If anyone has tips/tricks, let me know!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @RickyB7 , 

Basically, DMARC and self authentication is the way to establish yourself to ISPs as a legitimate sender so you avoid ending up in spam. Here are a couple articles that might clear things up a little bit:

1. How DMARC alignment affects your Constant Contact account

2. DMARC reporting with self-authentication

What I would suggest if you want a more in depth explanation is giving our Account Review/Delivery team a call. They are truly the experts on this subject. They can be reached at 1-866-433-8499 during the following hours: 

Monday-Thursday: 6 a.m. - 8 p.m. MT or 8 a.m.- 10 p.m. ET

Friday: 6 a.m. - 7 p.m. MT or 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET

Saturday - Sunday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. MT or 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @RickyB7 , 

Basically, DMARC and self authentication is the way to establish yourself to ISPs as a legitimate sender so you avoid ending up in spam. Here are a couple articles that might clear things up a little bit:

1. How DMARC alignment affects your Constant Contact account

2. DMARC reporting with self-authentication

What I would suggest if you want a more in depth explanation is giving our Account Review/Delivery team a call. They are truly the experts on this subject. They can be reached at 1-866-433-8499 during the following hours: 

Monday-Thursday: 6 a.m. - 8 p.m. MT or 8 a.m.- 10 p.m. ET

Friday: 6 a.m. - 7 p.m. MT or 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET

Saturday - Sunday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. MT or 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST