The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

"r20.rs6.net refused to connect"

Highlighted
Occasional Organizer

"r20.rs6.net refused to connect"

I am running a VPN and noticed that the Constant Contact servers are refusing to connect.

The organizations that are sending me materials via email include helpful links, but none of them are direct links. They are all sent through Constant Contact servers to measure the click through rates.

How can end users make these links work without disabling their VPN connection?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: "r20.rs6.net refused to connect"

Hello @JoeyR366 ,

A lot of VPNs will typically have a setting that allows certain links to go through or operate as needed for tracking / redirecting. I'd recommend looking into your VPN's settings to see if that's available. Otherwise, you can also try contacting whoever your IT person is (if applicable) to try safelisting our domains.

Since link tracking is required by Compliance, there isn't a way to disable the tracking links / rewrites. If you're continuing to run into issues, it may be worth reaching out to the VPN company to see if they have any further insight or guidance they can provide that's specific to their programming.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured