The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

readers that didn't open

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

readers that didn't open

All of the people on the list have ask to be there, and yet the click rate is 15-20%. how can i select the users that did not open the newsletter to ask them why they didn't open email?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Re: readers that didn't open

if outlook reading pane is open on a users computer and they can see the newsletter without clicking, does that count toward open rate or not?

Highlighted

Re: readers that didn't open

Hello @SusanG8355 ,

Preview functions (for example the Gmail extension for Chrome) will still technically open the email, since what's used to track an open is allowing images to load from the email (we use a 1x1 pixel transparent image for the open track).

If you're needing to reach out to the non-openers, you can make a list from an email's non-openers, then create an email to send to them asking why they ignored / didn't open the email.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured