search by character string

SOLVED
Go to solution
Participant

search by character string

Currently, you can only search by whole word. Please change so that we can search our contacts by any alpha-numeric character string. For example: I searched for "knopp" and did not find my contact. I could only find it when I searched for "joeknopp" -- which is not very good. His email address is joeknopp@----- Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Shoshke-R

Thanks for posting, I am sorry for the confusion. The basic search box will search using the "starts with" criteria. Since you don't have "Joe" inserted as the first name of this contact, the only searchable information is the email address with his full name run together. You could click Advanced Search and choose to search email address or first name by a custom criteria instead. 

2015-04-20_11-15-54.jpg

The search box on the main contacts page currently requires at least three characters to begin the search.

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

HI @Shoshke-R

Thanks for posting, I am sorry for the confusion. The basic search box will search using the "starts with" criteria. Since you don't have "Joe" inserted as the first name of this contact, the only searchable information is the email address with his full name run together. You could click Advanced Search and choose to search email address or first name by a custom criteria instead. 

2015-04-20_11-15-54.jpg

The search box on the main contacts page currently requires at least three characters to begin the search.

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

View solution in original post