The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

security programs open email and click links

Highlighted

security programs open email and click links

1.  How are others dealing with security programs that open email and click links before placing them into the receiver’s inbox? These programs are killing my ability to know who actually clicked through for more information on a topic. Are there any tricks to get around this false click through reporting?

2. When will Constant Contact address this issue so I can get back to the value I used to find in tracking who was actually interested in my products and who had a security program?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: security programs open email and click links

Hi @GerardG09 

We have received reports from other users where they too have seen  recorded engagement from a contact's security system. At this time there is no way to omit or remove this engagement from reporting. It is however a feature request we are collecting feedback on and have tracked in your account in the meantime. Though we do not have a current time estimate of when a feature like this would be available, we do suggest having your contacts whitelist Constant Contact in their security settings.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: security programs open email and click links

We are struggling with the same thing. We have to ignore the group of "clicks" that come in all at the same time. If our campaign has 3 clicks we only look for those that clicked on 1. Then we know it is probably a real click. I wish there was a way to clear the clicks so we could remove the "auto clicks".

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured