sent message

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

sent message

Once in a while this message shows up for one of my contacts. "Sent [missing %{name} value]" Why does this message show up and what does it mean? Another question; is there a way to have the first name show for each contact in a campaign?
1 REPLY 1
Administrator

Re: sent message

Hello @SteveP1215. That's a great question. I'm guessing that you were seeing this message when you were looking at one of your contact's profiles. This message will show when a campaign that had been sent to them was deleted in your account. If you restore the campaign from your deleted campaigns, the name of the campaign will show up again under their profile. 

As for your second question, this is definitely something that can be done! When creating your email, you can include a greeting that will pull in your contact's first name to make the email more personalized. Just a note that when you are testing the email, the "first name" field will pull in the first name of the account owner. This will of course change to your contact's first name once the email has been sent out.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured