significant problems using your service over the past few weeks

Highlighted
Retail

significant problems using your service over the past few weeks

Sunday Jan.2020: We're users for 10 years and lately it's almost impossible to save or schedule emails. and even when says scheduled, it doesn't always go out. What's going on? We can't use your service if this continues. Our content has a sense of urgency around it.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee

Re: significant problems using your service over the past few weeks

Hello @StanK2,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize for the experience you are having. We would like to complete some troubleshooting steps with you to try and figure out why this is happening. Can you please give us some more information about what happens when you try to send or save your emails? Do you receive an error message? Also, has switching browsers helped at all? Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted

We use Constant Contact to send out a rather complex Daily Bulletin, this was created on the second-gen editor so we copy and edit it each day accordingly. This bulletin involves tables (which aren't allowed in third generation editor which is a whole other issue). Since the beginning of this year we have encountered so many problems with saving, editing and using Constant Contact. Everything seems to be running faulty. 

I cannot save campaigns, I get error messages, the application freezes regularly. At this point it is almost unusable for our business. 

All of these issues are continuing to occur despite doing the troubleshooting that Constant Contact has advised.

I have tried Incognito window, different devices, different networks, Whitelisting constant contact. It seems like there is an underlying issue with Constant Contact. We have also used it for years and never had issues until this year. 

Highlighted

Hello there @AnnaL1 ,

Due to the nature of copying within the older-generation email editor, it is strongly advised you always copy from the very original campaign. Otherwise copies of copies of copies can start to result in built-up, faulty coding. What you're describing sounds like it may have something to do with issues caused by continuous use of the old editor.

This is not a problem in the newer editor. That said, we are able to track your feature request for table functionality being added. Due to the coding for the new editor needing to be mobile-compliant (helps ensure deliverability rates with today's modern, mobile-friendly internet), tables are something our engineers are still working on making functional on mobile devices.

In the meantime there are several workarounds to emulate similar functionality in the newer editor - whether that's using screenshots of tables, including a link to an excel file, or simply rearranging the text and imagery to fit the new mobile-friendly editor.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Read More
Featured