supporting videos in emails

SOLVED
Go to solution
DavidC78459
Rookie
0 Votes

My goal is to embed a video within my email. I want my customer to view it without taking them to a new browser or website. Once that occurs I loose them. I know other applications I use support viewing YouTube or Vimeo or have a native player.

HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @shannonsellars ,

Due to sizing restrictions, and how most email programs won't play video within their programs (or will outright spam out emails that try to have videos embedded), videos cannot be sent directly through emails. They have to be linked to. There are no plans at this time to change this, unless there are industry-wide changes to how large of files can be sent in emails at a time, and how major email programs function with embedded elements.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DavidC78459 ,

Due to file sizes and email delivery / security algorithms, videos can't be embedded into emails sent through us. You'd need to link to the video either through a video block (available for Vimeo and YouTube vids), or by using a text, image, or button link.

See also:

Text links

Image links

Button links

William A
shannonsellars
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi William, 

I'm facing the very same problem DavidC78459 mentioned above. I don't want to lose readers and want them to watch the video in my email. How can we request this feature.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @shannonsellars ,

Due to sizing restrictions, and how most email programs won't play video within their programs (or will outright spam out emails that try to have videos embedded), videos cannot be sent directly through emails. They have to be linked to. There are no plans at this time to change this, unless there are industry-wide changes to how large of files can be sent in emails at a time, and how major email programs function with embedded elements.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST