survey question lost

WolfgangH4
Rookie
0 Votes

I finished creating a survey but all my pictures had black backgrounds. I fixed that by enlarging the canvas in photoshop and uploaded them, deleted the bad pictures and inserted the corrected images. I saved, but then there was still black background in some, so I went through the same process and continued the next day. Now the whole question had disappeared. I recreated the question with again corrected pictures, saved, and previewed. The question had totally disappeared. This happened again. Now I am about to create that question again. What did I do wrong? 

Should I publish the unfinished survey, just to save it? There is no save function in the upper horizontal bar, actually there is, but it is not active.

Wolfgang

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @WolfgangH4 ,

When finalizing the edits to a particular question, are you clicking the little blue Save at the bottom of the pop-up window, then clicking Done at the top of the survey editing portion?

Does this issue only seem to occur when adding images or editing question responses' existing images? Or does it occur with other question types and for questions without images as well?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
WolfgangH4
Rookie
0 Votes

I think I always click the save at the bottom. Also the Done, but not entirely sure.

It only happened with editing and replacing images.

I called to chat about the black background issue and the agent said there was a technical problem with images and the tech team would respond to me by email. But I solved it by editing the images on photoshop, reducing the image and increasing the white canvas beyond the window size. One would think that when I upload and insert an image with white background that the program would not add black background but just put it on white background or let you chose a background color. 

Anyway, perhaps there is indeed a problem with images. I need to get the survey out now. Hope it works.

Wolfgang

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @WolfgangH4,

I am happy to hear you were able to schedule your survey. If this does happen again please don't hesitate to reach out to us and please provide screenshots! Thank you. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST