suspended email addresses

LeeP248
Participant

suspended email addresses

Not sure why so many emails are showing as suspended as when I copy the email addresses from reporting and send an email to the 247 people they receive the message via outlook.
1 REPLY 1
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hello @LeeP248. Constant Contact sends from many different IP addresses, which are different from the ones that you send from using your Outlook email client. An email address goes into a suspended status after our system tries to send a few times to the address and it bounces. While an address is in suspend, we do not send any campaigns to them during that time. Sending to bounced addresses can have a negative impact on your deliverability rate so this is why the suspended status exists. 

If you have further questions about these suspended email addresses, you can reach out to our Deliverability team at 866-433-8499. They are available Monday through Thursday from 7am-11pm ET and Friday from 7am-9pm ET. 

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.