Tonight (8/3) between 11:00 PM - 11:30 PM ET, we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend not using your account during this time. Thank you for your patience.

suspended email addresses

Highlighted

suspended email addresses

hello, I continue to be frustrated with constant contact not sending my weekly emails to several email addresses of members I have in the chapter I manage. Several others showed up on an email I sent out today for no apparent reason. I watched the video about this, and if constant contact is responsible for the suspension of these email addresses, then they are incorrect in doing so. All email addresses I use for the MEMBERS ONLY list in my address book are legitimate and approved by those in the group. I would like the suspended emails to be released for me to communicate with my group. Thank you

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: suspended email addresses

Hi @MelanieM720 

I apologize for the experience you're having with the contacts that have bounced as suspended in your account. The good news is you can now unsuspend an email address directly from the reporting section of your account. Here is an article from our Help Center that goes over how to unsuspend a suspended email address.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I am having the same problem, after spending over 12 HOURS trying to finish building an email due to your system crashes. I finally got it scheduled around midnight only to find that it didn't send this morning, and I had to force it through three times. now I discover that over 1200 emails have bounced, when I know for a fact the bulk of them are correct. Yet I can only unsuspend them one at a time??? YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME. That is completely unacceptable and I'm close to cancelling our account entirely. I've had more and more problems every week and it seriously affecting my workload and schedule. It is no longer "convenient" to use this service.

Highlighted

Hello @KrissyL2 ,

Regarding the issues with saving or the site crashing, I'd recommend following these connectivity trouleshooting steps to see if they can resolve the issues.

• Does clearing your cache (not the saved passwords, just the cached images and files) alleviate the issue?
  • What browser are you using? Does using a different browser, or using Private/Incognito browsing mitigate the issue?
  • Are there any updates pending for your browser? If so, does updating it let you through?
  • Are there any browser plugins or addons you can disable? Does doing so resolve the issue?
  • Are you using a wireless, wired, or mobile network? If possible, does changing networks or resetting your router let you through?
  • Are you using any security / firewall applications (e.g. Norton, McAfee, AVG, etc.)? Does disabling them for our website, let you through?

If none of those work, please let us know the appropriate responses to each, and we can try some additional troubleshooting steps before submitting the case. We do need you to confirm none of these are the issues, before we can move on to a higher level technical case.

Regarding the issues with the bounces, if you have 1200 bounces I'd recommend looking at what reasons we provide for the bouncing. If it's something we can look into (i.e. suspended), then I'd recommend reaching out to Deliverability for some additional insight and guidance. For ones we can't control (blocked, non-existent, or undeliverable) then I'd recommend deleting those. For mailbox full / other, that's likely an issue on the recipient's end or their ISP / domain filtering out the email you're trying to send. Ultimately, if you're having that many bounces, it'd be best to speak with Deliverability.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I did change to an incognito page and turned off extensions, and that helped 95%. Still had a couple of glitches, and the email didn't send the next morning as scheduled. I spent an hour forcing it through. I've been seeing these odd occurrences the past couple of months and I've changed nothing other than any updates Windows or various browsers put through. However, strangely, I just built an email today without issue, and I'm not currently using an incognito page. I didn't see a scheduled time either as it usually displays on the campaign before it processes to send, but other than that being a signal to me that it will go through, I can get around that since I send copies of every email to myself as well.

Also, my social media post times are wildly off. They used to be auto-scheduled for a few minutes after the email sends, but for about 6 weeks I've needed to toggle to a different time because the default time displayed will be hours before the current time I'm working, for example it's 2:30 pm central, the email is scheduled for immediate send, but the toggle reads 11:07 am. Curious as to whether there is something I can reset to resolve that, but it's not a huge issue.

As for the bounces, all of the ones I'm concerned about are marked as Suspended. I know for a fact that the bulk of them are valid--and I say bulk only because there were over 1200 and I didn't look at every one. It is hugely time consuming to unsuspend each one. Is there ANY way to do that en masse??

Highlighted

Hello @KrissyL2 ,

Typically we can unsuspend up to 15 suspended bounces through regular support channels (for us you could just provide them as a reply to the automated @ mention email). However, since you seem to be facing significantly more than that, you'll want to reach out to our Deliverability team. That way they can see if there's any common elements, or to figure out why so many of the addresses you're trying to reach out to were marked for suspension. 

For the email stuff, are you noticing these lag issues occur more often with the older, legacy editor? We have received some reports about the legacy editor having sporadic connectivity issues in the evening, but nothing for the current editor. We've also seen this affect the social share posts associated with them as well, requiring some users to have to reschedule their posts (after editing them beyond the initial setup) for four hours earlier in order for the post to schedule at the correct time. If you are noticing the issues occurring more often with the legacy editor, then you'll likely want to start getting those converted over to the current one as soon as possible. You can also reach out to our regular phone support channels for additional assistance with converting the older templates into the current system.

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

That was something I forgot to mention in my earlier response--that possibly a template change could solve the problem as well. It's not convenient to have to rebuild an entire shell because it's a complicated newsletter, but I've been considering redesigning it anyway, and if that works, it's far easier than fighting the system until midnight every week lol. I will attempt that whenever time and workload allows. The email I sent today went through ok--though it's a legacy template as well. Still had trouble with social accounts. Times are not correct, and I had to reconnect the accounts three times before they would post--that is using the current editor too. I will check with Deliverability on the bounce issue. Thank you for the assistance despite my irate tone on Friday. 

Highlighted

You're okay, @KrissyL2 , I understand it can be frustrating if technology isn't working the way you need it to, especially late at night.

With that in mind, I've made note of your issues with the social share function for our engineers to further review. I know they're looking into ways to better integrate it with the newer social post / inbox tool. For further social media posts, a good workaround would be to use the share link from your emails (regardless of editor type), and applying them to posts made using the newer tool. You'll be able to copy and paste as needed, schedule as many as you need to ahead of time, and make sure messages are different depending on the type of social media you're posting to.

William D

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Thanks for the tip on the social posts!

Meet the New Constant Contact

ctct_ripple_logo_icon_blue_orange.pngConstant Contact is Bigger. Better. Smarter. Check out our new look and Power On!

Read More
Featured