three dots instead of content in email or words "show quoted text"

CamillaCala
Rookie

Hi - I sent a test email to my husband who works on a PC. He wrote back and said "Some of the material in your Constant Contact email is missing, and replaced by three horizontal dots, and only accessible if the reader clicks on the three dots. The material is missing in the first, and fourth screenshots below, and has appeared (after I clicked on the three dots) in the second, third and fifth screenshots below:

On his phone  instead of three dots it said  "Show quoted text".   This is VERY troubling. IT is not happening in the tests I am sending to myself on a Mac or Iphone. What do I do? Thanks! Camilla

image.png

image.png

image.png
image.png

image.png

Screenshot_20220807-181753.png

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator

Hello @CamillaCala ,

I'm unable to recreate the issue displayed in my Gmail, on either my phone or desktop setups. Certain settings in Gmail can potentially result in it being more extreme with its content clipping, such as the conversation mode. With that said, I might advise having your husband turn off that setting, or check other aspects of his Gmail's setup that may be affecting how emails are displayed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
KathyJ04069
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi I am having this same issue.  How do you remove those three dots?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @KathyJ04069 ,

As you can see in this thread, there wasn't any more information derived. I'd never seen this issue prior, nor encountered it even while troubleshooting, and I'm not seeing any previous cases in our CRM where this has been mentioned. I'd advise reaching out to Gmail's support, or checking the Gmail settings of whomever is seeing this issue occur.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MarkA60459
Rookie
0 Votes

Are you saying that the "three dot" syndrome is not a function of Constant Contact to shorten longer emails?  

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST