We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

trigger autoresponder

SOLVED
Go to solution
CarolyneA1
Regular Participant

trigger autoresponder

I have set up two groups and I'd like the autoresponder to trigger when people join a specific group. That is, sending people from my website to a specific sign-up group. I can't seem to find a way to do that. Or do they just get automatically sent the responder as soon as Constant contact realizes this is a new e-mail subscriber?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Lucas_D
Employee

Hi @CarolyneA1,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. Once the autoresponder series is created, you can select which lists the email will send out to. If a contact signs themselves up through the sign-up form on your website or if you manually add the contact to a list, they should receive the automated email. You can also add multiple lists to the autoresponder series as well. To do this, click on Campaigns and click on the Autoresponder campaign title. Then, to the top right corner, click on the hyper linked List and check off which lists you want this series to send to. You can then select two groups that will receive the autoresponder once they sign themselves up or when you add them to the corresponding lists that you chose. For more information on how our autoresponders work, please click here. I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Lucas_D
Employee

Hi @CarolyneA1,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. Once the autoresponder series is created, you can select which lists the email will send out to. If a contact signs themselves up through the sign-up form on your website or if you manually add the contact to a list, they should receive the automated email. You can also add multiple lists to the autoresponder series as well. To do this, click on Campaigns and click on the Autoresponder campaign title. Then, to the top right corner, click on the hyper linked List and check off which lists you want this series to send to. You can then select two groups that will receive the autoresponder once they sign themselves up or when you add them to the corresponding lists that you chose. For more information on how our autoresponders work, please click here. I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing

View solution in original post

CarolyneA1
Regular Participant

thanks so much for that. I'm still learning stuff as I go! But sure appreciate the support.

@CarolyneA1 You are very welcome, and glad we could help. We're more than happy to answer any further questions on your account. Also, if you are interested in additional learning, we recommend visiting our Knowledge Base, as it can help you get the most out of your Constant Contact account with many articles, video tutorials and guides. Have a wonderful weekend! 

Brian_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.