turn off preview mode

StLandryChamber
Rookie
0 Votes
"This is in PREVIEW mode. No information will be sent." all of my recipients have reported that this is what they see. I have received no survey results. How can this be fixed?
7 REPLIES 7
William_A
Administrator

Hello @StLandryChamber ,

If your survey link includes this: ?mode=preview , then it is in preview mode and won't record responses. Make sure the link you're providing for your survey isn't the one you copied from the address bar while previewing it. The live, shareable link is available on the My Campaigns page, and on the survey's reporting page. Additionally, make sure your survey is actually live, and not still in draft mode.

Additionally, if you're sending the survey through a test email, then the survey links will also open in preview mode. Survey links in emails won't record responses until they're clicked in an actually sent email. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
NDWBC
Rookie
0 Votes

My survey is still stuck in preview mode even though it's an "active" campaign and I used the link from the "share" button. Is there anything else that I can try?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Are you trying to look at it through the preview mode of an email you have drafted / test sent? Or are you clicking the actual live link in an email in your inbox?

William A
WashCoSWR
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue and have tried all the steps provided and every single one still has it showing in preview mode. I even tried adding it through the landing page link option. 

I'm trying to embed the actual, active link into a Constant Contact campaign email - why would it still show "This is in PREVIEW mode. No information will be sent." when the instructions say to "Copy link - To automatically copy the URL for your Survey Page so you can paste it wherever you want. It's great for sharing in a Google Ad, a blog post, a social media post, or a webpage." Please advise!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @WashCoSWR ,

Please see my earlier response to this thread. If any of the campaigns you have the survey's actual link inserted into are still in Draft, Scheduling, or Pending and are not being viewed live after publishing / sending, then the linked survey will still be in preview mode.

Assuming you've made the survey live...

• If you're looking at your email in the Preview window, and click the survey link it will be in preview mode.
  • If you test send an email with the survey link, it will be in preview mode.
  • If you put the survey link onto a landing page or ad, and you're viewing them in preview mode the survey link will open in preview.

When you've actually sent out the email to contacts by scheduling it, the survey link will work as intended. When you're viewing the approved and published ad on the social platform, the survey will work as intended. When you're viewing the landing page as an actual page after publishing (not in preview mode), the survey link will work as intended.

William A
MMM37
Rookie
0 Votes

Good afternoon, 

We sent the link to our survey last week in our newsletter. Everyone that tried to complete the survey said it was still in preview mode. Help?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Did you send the email out for real, or was it a test send? Was the survey published and not in the middle of being edited? Was the survey link you inserted explicitly the share one we provide, or did you copy from the address bar?

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST