unsubscribe vs update profile

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

unsubscribe vs update profile

If someone unsubscribes, it removes them from all lists.  Can I force the unsubscribe option to  use the update profile so that they select which lists they want to unsubscribe from.  Currently I send to contacts from three lists.  However, if they click unsubscribe on an email from any of the lists, it unsubscribes them from all lists.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: unsubscribe vs update profile

Hi @LeeH784 

The good news is this can be done by customizing the update profile form in your account. 

sign-up-forms-tab-options-basic-landing-pages-step12 (1).png

sign-up-forms-tab-landing-pages-and-more-update-profile-form-actions-dropdown-menu-edit-option-step3.png

Selecting multiple email lists to display on this form will automatically display when contacts go through the unsubscribe process as well. In fact I can see you have already made this update in your account. Your contacts do currently have the option of selecting which specific list to unsubscribe from. I was able to replicate this option through a sent email sent to my support email address.

2020-02-18_15-59-38.png

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact would like to hear from you

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured