updating contacts from another software

MufadalM
Participant

updating contacts from another software

I pull my contact list from our office management software.  As we get new clients they go into the management software.  Periodically I want to update my constant contact (CC) list. 

I would like to pull the entire contact list from my management software and merge it with my current contact list in CC.  However, I want to make sure that:

1.  any new contacts will be merged into the list.

2.  any updated email addresses will update when the list is merged.

3.  anyone that unsubscribed will not be added back to the contact list.

thank you

1 REPLY 1
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @MufadalM,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! When you upload your contacts from a spreadsheet into your account you won't have to worry, as our system will update the contacts that are currently there and will not add duplicates. Our system also remembers who has unsubscribed so you won't have to manually remove those either. All new contacts will be added no problem as well. Please visit our integrations tab to see if we connect with your software so you don't have to manually export your contacts into a spreadsheet and upload them. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.