uploading emails

Participant

uploading emails

It used to be that when we upload an email address for a person, Constant Contact would add that email address. Now it replaces the existing email address. This is a big problem. What if there are 2 distinct John Smiths, each having a different email????
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @NickM940 ,

Could you elaborate on what you mean? Email addresses are what denotes a unique contact. So if you add contacts, and any of those email addresses are already in the system, all we do is update the contact (email address) with any new information you're uploading with it (list membership, street address, first name, etc.). Beyond that we don't do anything else with the contact.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Participant

Hi William,

I had a list of people that wanted 2 emails listed for their names. When I uploaded the second list of emails, it did not create a new contact for them. Instead, it changed their existing email on account. It shouldn't do that.

What if we have 2 different people with the same name? The system should allow the second name to have his own email address. That was the way it was before. What changed?

Thanks

Dahlia

Could you please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with any example contacts, @NickM940 ? Please include their full name (if applicable) and both emails. 

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.