using images when building a website

MikeL050
Regular Participant

using images when building a website

I am just getting started with building a website on CC.

I have uploaded a bunch of png images to "MY LIBRARY" using the my library tab.

BUT

I have inserted a section into a webpage and used the MEDIA/TEXT option to choose a layout that includes an image placeholder.

When I click on the mountain icons that show up in the placeholder image it opens a page titled "Choose an Image" with two options options:

UNSPLASH and My IMages.

But none of the images in My Library are showing in the  My Images tab. It just offers me a big blue button with "+ Add More Images."

What do I need to do to get the images in My Library available to insert into the website

6 REPLIES 6
MikeL050
Regular Participant

I am building a webpage

I have inserted a section with Media text

I want the section to have no background color

When I select the section and access the Media text options in the right hand sidebar it gives me the option to use any of my theme colors for a background color

Is there a way that I can specify No Bgrd Color

MikeL050
Regular Participant

Can anyone  point me to a guide  for inserting and formatting text on a webpage

-Thanks

MikeL050
Regular Participant

Hi William, Thanks for your quick reply and I will check out the WSB links.

The refresh is not solving the images issue.

I even tried switching over from Safai to Chrome.

I have about half a dozen images in My Library, but they still do not show when I click on the little mountain icon on an image placeholder.

Any other thoughts?

Mike

MikeL050
Regular Participant

Hi William,

Unfortunately, the link  to Websire Builder's Knowledgebase goes to page with Error 404  :frown:

It sounds like you have a connectivity error occurring then, @MikeL050 since the links are loading 100% fine on my various devices. Try clearing your browser's cache or see if you can open the links on another browser or in Incognito / Private browsing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
William_D

Hello @MikeL050 ,

You may need to refresh your screen if you're not seeing your images show up in My Library. After a few hours of working, the library can sometimes run into minor caching errors which simply require a browser refresh to resolve. 

If the color you're wanting for your background doesn't match up with your selected site's theme defaults, you can try using an image or a pattern for editing the background color.

Adding text should be fairly straightforward. Once it's pasted in, you can edit and reformat as needed. If you're worried about erroneous formatting be carried over from your copy-paste, you can try pasting with cleared formatting (CTRL+SHIFT+V or CMD+SHIFT+V), or try pasting it into a plain-text word processor (such as Notepad or TextEdit), and then copy-paste that into the site. 

For more info on all these aspects, I'd recommend taking a look at our Website Builder's KnowledgeBase, or reaching out to WSB's support channels (including 24/7 chat) for more in-depth information.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.