The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

website and order link corrupted? in my group emails .. goes to 'page not found'

Highlighted
Retail

website and order link corrupted? in my group emails .. goes to 'page not found'

seems i am having to contact or try to find time to contact Constant Contact with ?'s and problems lately?

again... sent group email and a customer replied from it stating my Newsletter Group order link did not work?

went to 'page not found'  looked at the link and there were digts and characters after the link that should not

be there...  need email to send it to CC to check out.. although .. this has happened before and stll iis..? paul

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: website and order link corrupted? in my group emails .. goes to 'page not found'

Hi @PaulM8595 

I apologize your contacts are receiving this page not found message! I know how important it is for a link to open correctly, especially if it is connected to contacts placing orders. 

what email client. Which specific website and order link are you seeing this happen with? What email client are they viewing your email through? I took a look at your most recent campaign and can see the only URLs linked through Constant Contact  are the ones in your header. All of these linked headers did successfully open in both the test email and full send I have sent myself. Are these the pages you're speaking of? I can also see two URLs in the body of your text, however these were inserted as regular text. Though an email client can recognize a link that was typed out as regular text, whether it connects to the webpage correctly or not isn't something Constant Contact can control.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Retail

Re: website and order link corrupted? in my group emails .. goes to 'page not found'

aol.com was her email address.. had added letters and characters after the url website link i always put

in my group emails.. for years and it worked..  sure others get it too but never tell me?

also CC sent the same email two days in a row? scheduled for Friday.. it did go out and then again to me

today Saturday?  what email can  i use to email the two above cases  I am referring to?

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi @PaulM8595. What link was showing as "page not found" for your contact? I tested your email again and every link worked but the more information we can receive, the more we can assist you.

I see that you resent the email to one new contact the day after the email was scheduled. You are alerted by email that the campaign was sent but it did not go out to your entire list. 

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Retail

i have repeatedly asked for an email address to send the customer's newsletter that is receiving the specials link with corruption- causing it not to work and go to 'page not found'.. yet no reply with what email to send it?

This happened again.. k9x9@aol.com..  Barbara Rhodes is the customer..  please get this fixed.. Paul @ NCC

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured