what's with the gobbeldygook subscriptions?

PeteS407
Participant

what's with the gobbeldygook subscriptions?

Is there some way to prevent ixdkeufdjkfolds ixdkeujkfolds like subscribers, I find those that are not removed bounce anyway.
1 REPLY 1
Nick_S.
Administrator

Hello @PeteS407,

I'm so sorry you're dealing with some dummy addresses sneaking in. I reviewed your account and they appear to be coming in through a third party sign-up form you are using. I would check to see if the application gives you the ability to add a CAPTCHA security feature before they submit their info. This will prevent Internet bots from getting their dummy addresses through.

They will most definitely bounce, but we do not remove bounced addresses from your account so they will add to your Active Contacts total. 

If you need additional support I encourage you to reach out to us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username and a reference to this post and we can assist you further.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.