youtube link glitch?

Participant

youtube link glitch?

I inserted a YouTube link in my email. The link is correct and it even has the correct preview image. But when when people click on the link in the email it goes to page with "404 file not found". HELP

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @LeeH12 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! I can see you were also able to speak with our Chat Support about this as well. This team was able to determine your experience was due to spaces before or after the link URL. Are you still having this experience after removing this spacing?

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

That did fix the issue...BUT the problem I have is that when entering the link in the video section, there is a test link button. Not only did the test link work, the preview image for that video showed up in the email. 

So I question if that solved the issue, really? and why is that test link button there, if it shows that the video works, but in reality it doesn't, you know?

Hello @LeeH12 ,

From what we've seen some browsers will automatically correct this issue when it comes to just a simple redirection (i.e. what the test link button does). For tracked links - such as what might show up in a live send - those browsers may not be able to do an automatic "fix" of the link. It is something our engineers are looking into, but at the moment this is the only insight they have as to the seemingly sporadic nature of the test link button working or not with the spaces.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.