API Rate Limit

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

API Rate Limit

Hi,

I'm not clear about something with the API Rate Limit: is this rate limit per Key/Application or is it per access token generated via OAuth 2 (meaning per client)?

I'm planning to develop an integration with another application that could have the potential of generating a lot of API calls if it becomes popular with hundreds of clients.

I'd like to confirm if the rate limit is at the key level (since I suspect I will only ever have one key/secret for my application) or if the limit is imposed by access token.

I would assume, like most platforms, that it is at the access token level, but I'd like to confirm.

Thanks!

Sadiq

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: API Rate Limit

Hello Sadiq,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

The rate limit is attached to the API key. If you are planning on making an application that would be available and potentially used by a large base of customers then I would suggest you look in to becoming a Technology Partner with Constant Contact. There is no price involved with this and the basics are to just create and maintain your app; there are other parts to it. If you are interested please check out this website. (https://www.constantcontact.com/partners/technology) Other types of partnerships have different requirements.

A partner of any type has a different rate limits that can be applied to their API key. Aside from being a partner you can also create multiple API keys.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: API Rate Limit

Hello Sadiq,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

The rate limit is attached to the API key. If you are planning on making an application that would be available and potentially used by a large base of customers then I would suggest you look in to becoming a Technology Partner with Constant Contact. There is no price involved with this and the basics are to just create and maintain your app; there are other parts to it. If you are interested please check out this website. (https://www.constantcontact.com/partners/technology) Other types of partnerships have different requirements.

A partner of any type has a different rate limits that can be applied to their API key. Aside from being a partner you can also create multiple API keys.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured