API with Flash/ AS 2.0 and .php

Occasional Participant

API with Flash/ AS 2.0 and .php

Hello

I have set up a form in Flash to add members to mailing list. I have changed the variables in the .php file AddAContact.php and uploaded both AddAContact.php and contact.php I have named the variables correctly in the input text boxes in flash and set the Actionscript so onSubmit it uses AddAContact.php so it knows what to do with the data. Nothing happens. I have checked for errors and I am stumped. Please help
3 REPLIES 3

Are you receiving any type of error message in the php logs on your server? Also, have you tried echoing out the XML data to make sure everything is being passed correctly and that it is processing the information?
Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Occasional Participant

I am receiving nothing. It's like it's not going to my server at all. Does that php script work with AS and Flash, or is it just for HTML. It looks like it should work.

Thank you

There are a lot of nuances whenever you are developing with Flash and AS that are very different than any other language. The short answer is, yes php scripts can work inside of a Flash program. But the longer answer is they have to be called in a specific way and the variables have to be passed in a very specific way. Getting a php script to work in a Flash program is beyond the scope of this forum though unless there is another CC user that has more experience in this and wants to help.
Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page