Add subscribers trough custom contact form and API

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Add subscribers trough custom contact form and API

Hi, I have a static website that has a contact form. I use an API to process the contact info and then send it to my email. 
Every time a user submits this form, I would like to add it to my constant contact subscriber list.

Is that possible using Constant Contact API?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Add subscribers trough custom contact form and API

Hello Katherine,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

Our API can do this; you'll want to take a look at our documentation which can be found at this website. https://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/developer-guides/overview-of-api-endpoints.html

Specifically if you are going to be integrating this with an existing form that uses an API you'll want to pay attention to the section on the right related to "Contacts." Ideally you will want to perform a GET on each contact submitted through your sign-up form to Constant Contact to see if the contact already exists. If it does not exist then you'll perform a POST; if it does exist then you'll perform a PUT.

Once you have gone over the documentation you are welcome to email us at webservices@constantcontact.com if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Education" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 27th at 2pm ET for a free one-hour webinar where we will be covering how to incorporate online marketing into your educational marketing strategy.

Read More
Featured